Friday, September 24, 2010

Frustration Nation

So... today is an interesting day. School is going good... other than me getting frustrated. Andy seems to want to do something. He keeps getting a hold of Stephanie's pencil and crayons. Then Stephanie starts hooting and hollering... Then I get at both of them. I try so hard to be quiet and calm about it. But I am finding the more they get into it, the louder and madder I get.  How do I get calm and cool? I have tried counting to ten, leaving the room for a minute, separating them, good 'ole fashioned spanking, etc. None of it works. :( Ideas and help would be greatly appreciated!!! :D

2 comments:

  1. Prayer. And sometimes you just have to walk away and come back to it later. When Bear just won't go do something else we will take a 30 min break and Greg or I will play with him (if I play Greg can still work on independent stuff).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What we did was take a break. We played with him for about 20 minutes. After we went back to doing school work, he fell asleep. :)

    ReplyDelete